- Written by Mary Jo Fairchild
The SCAA Outreach and Advocacy Committee invites you to attend the annual meeting to be held at Newberry College in Newberry, SC on Friday, October 10, 2014. The natural environment will serve as the theme and inspiration for conference proceedings.
We welcome presentation and/or session proposals relating to the intersection of archives and records repositories with the natural environment as well as issues relevant to our profession in the 21st Century.
- The intersection of archives and preservation with landscape, conservation, flora, fauna, agriculture, management of natural resources, and outdoor recreation in South Carolina.
- Biographical, historical, and research information concerning collections that document the South Carolina landscape. These can include naturalists, biologists, and botanists.
- Sustainability in the archives. Anything from selecting sustainable formats for electronic records to “green” archival facilities.
- Challenges facing archivists involved in caring for natural history collections.
- Collaboration of archivists with other professionals in the fields of natural history, science, archaeology, land management, engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, and farming.
- New research and innovative projects and programs being implemented in archives repositories.
Registration will open soon and additional details about the meeting will be available soon.
- Written by Webmaster
- Written by Mary Jo Fairchild
Join us for an afternoon with curators and archivists at the Native American Studies Center at USC-Lancaster. This event is the fundraiser for the SCAA’s scholarship program, the Darrick L. Hart Endowment Fund. Awards up to $500 are made available to current SCAA members through an application and review process to attend continuing educational training. Click here to learn more about the Hart Endowment
Date: Friday, July 11, 2014
Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Location: Native American Studies Center, 119 South Main St., Lancaster, SC
Cost: $15.00 for SCAA members; $10.00 for students; $20.00 non-members
View the flyer
- Written by Administrator
Date: Friday, May 2, 2014
Time: 11:30 to 4:00 (includes lunch)
Location: St Helena Branch, Beaufort County Library System. Registration now open!
Registration Fee: $25 SCAA Member; $35 Non-member; $15 Students
The SCAA spring workshop will offer attendees an SAA webinar followed by a panel discussion. The webinar focuses on mitigating risks, building bridges with local law enforcement, and developing a holdings protection program. A panel discussion with front-line archivists, librarians, law officers, public relations specialists, and administrators representing a variety of different repositories (academic, public library, private, etc.) will follow the webinar. Panelists include: Gina White (Winthrop University), Steven Tuttle (South Carolina Department of Archives and History), Lynette Stoudt (Georgia Historical Society), and Douglas Henderson (Charleston County Public Library).